Monday, December 5, 2011

this world is not our home

it is amazing how easy it is to become consumed with the busyness of everyday life. it is amazing how easy it is to obsess over and desire things that have no eternal value.

and it is amazing how easily i become consumed with myself. my desires. my problems.

i have decided that when i have children, i will force them to repeat this line every single day..."other people are more important than myself."

relationships are the stuff of life. other people are more important than i am. and ultimately, the relationships i have are the only things of eternal value on this earth.





tonight i drove down the dark, rainy, empty interstate, and i couldn't help but ponder melancholy thoughts that were circling through my head as i sped along. and i always come to the same conclusion in moments like that: i am SO thankful that this world is not my home. All of creation is crying out for redemption, and I am right in the middle of it. i am thankful that someday this world will be beautiful and perfect, and in absolute union with the Creator.
Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...