Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's the most expensive time of the year

I made the smart decision to begin saving more after depositing each paycheck...but the problem with this new plan of action is that i decided to implement it during the most expensive time of the year: Christmas.

Needless to say, my savings account will not be experiencing a new and improved flow of funds during the month of December. In fact, quite the opposite will be happening. But there is truly nothing better than the fun and excitement of spending time, and hard earned money, to prepare a Christmas gift for someone you love.

Also, I was informed that today was "Christmas Cain", while tomorrow is "Christmas Adam" and after that comes "Christmas Eve". Who knew? Kids these days. 

So here's to many hours of planning, spending, gift wrapping, decorating, baking, and memories. And here's also to the post-holiday-season depression that will set in sometime around January 2nd. Let's think about that later.



This photo was taken right before a Christmas party hosted by some old friends. (old as in, we've known them for a while. They are only in their early 20's.) After the party and an exciting game of the classic, "Dirty Santa", Ross and I came home with gifts very characteristic of our personalities...He had a stack of abridged C.S. Lewis books, and I had a card game.




When I got home yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised by the Christmas decorating effort around our little mexi-castle. Priscilla didn't miss anything in her attempt to deck the halls...even the mounted deer in the boys room got to share in the Christmas cheer.

(more pictures to come)

p.s. Ross gave me a Wii for Christmas, and Just Dance 3 has been the topic of all conversations ever since. I have played 7 nights in a row. some might call that obsessed, I call it exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...